How Do You Reprogram a Tire Pressure Sensor in the Cube? - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Tires & Wheels Forum

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How Do You Reprogram a Tire Pressure Sensor in the Cube?

My wife bought a 2014 Nissan Cube S off the dealer lot NEW with warranty on it still this spring. It was a lot runner/loaner, but still factory paperwork on it with only 4,200 on the odometer. I'm assuming that they rotated the tires on it once during its first oil change at the dealer as my CarFax maintenance log shows when I downloaded the VIN on it. What I noticed this last week when I got to do more detailed look over on it was that the rear tires are all losing their tread way too soon. Flattening out, thus the suspect of they may have been the front ones originally when THEY rotated them to the rear. I don't drive her car, but I keep it serviced for oil and fluids and wash it when she leaves it home long enough from work and running. She said last week the tire pressure monitoring system alerted her that a front driver side tire was low. Like most of us, she looked at the door panel and it said 33 psi and she added that. Sensor reset.

Last night as I see her backing Cube back into driveway as normal, I thought front passenger tire looked low. My OCD usually sees this and FEELS this on any vehicle I drive, within 5-6 pounds or more low on any tire. I went out and checked it this morning, and got down on my knees to READ the sidewall tire pressure settings of the TOYO 15" tires on the Cube. It says 51 psi. What!? I've always been taught as a teen growing up to air your tires up to the proper psi according to the tire manufacturer's posted psi on the sidewall. So I did air this one up to 51 psi as it was at 20 psi. So once doing, I confirmed all 4 tires said same and read the door panel AND the owners manual that said 33 psi. Did I miss something or did Nissan OOPS on these tires??? The other 3 tires were about 11-15 psi low and got all aired to 51 psi as per the tire sidewall markings. Needless to say the car handled better in the big city over potholes and bumps. So did the premature rear tire wear come from this lack of air pressure in the tires up to the proper 51 psi? If so, HOW to I reprogram the Cube's internal sensor system to maintain alert status if they go below 51 psi so that my wife WON'T let them run low again?

I read on one sight you could do it with the key in the ignition on, with engine off. Press both lock/unlock on fob until car chirps, then hold magnet over each tire valve stem to reprogram the system if they are up to pressure. True? Insight please as I would prefer NOT to have to drive back to dealership on this, if possible.
defender51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement