Nokian WRg2 "all weather" tires - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Tires & Wheels Forum

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to shbldr
Default Nokian WRg2 "all weather" tires

After 61,000 kilometers on my original tires it was past time to upgrade. I am going to try the "All-Weather plus" tires from Nokian, in the 1955/55-16 size - I decided I didn't want to deal with a second set of rims and snow tires for Vancouver's normally mild winter weather. Since they have the snowflake symbol it will allow me to make trips into the mountains if necessary.

My first reaction today is that aren't quite as harsh as the original tires and no noisier (just a different type from original). I never liked the Yokohamas that come on the Cube, poor performance in standing water and poor in even light snow.

Hopefully we will have a 3rd winter with minimal snow, but don't know if I can count on that. Will update in a couple of months.

October 26, 2012 - UPDATE - we have had 6+ inches of rain during the last 2 weeks here in Vancouver so I finally have got to test the Nokian's on wet roads. Certainly more secure and steady that I ever felt with the OME tires that came on the cube, so far haven't slipped once when starting on steep hills in steady rain. In standing water I have yet to hydroplane.

p.s I was going to get the Hankook OptimoS, which is available in this size, but Canadain Tire wouldn't install saying they were "too soft" - but was unclear which rating wasnt met

....Correction/update one month later(09 Sept 2012).....To clear up possible confusion the OME tires on my Cube were Toyos not Yokohamas, sorry about that.
They have a different noise, but no louder than the orginal tires, as the salesperson said they sound "buisness like" and that is as accurate as any.
I am not sure about decreased rolling resistance, my mileage may have increased slightly but I haven't driven them enough to tell (no more than 5% increase).
Am pleased with them and certainly like the looks of the tread design.

January - 2013....Had my first experience on black ice this morning and was not impressed, luckily I didn't have to stop. Wheel spin on starting, but the traction control did kick in and I didn't have any real problems, am not sure the tires would have had been much help on a grade or an emergency stop.
Have only had one snow so far in Vancouver this winter, but I thought the Nokian's handled it well with hardly a slip and wish I had had time to test there limits in an empty parking lot or side street. As it was I made it up and down the hills and didn't slide any to anyone on the commuter packed streets so was pleased.

update May 1, 2013....have scheduled a tire rotation for Friday, the dealer said there has been little wear over the last 8000+ km. I thought some of getting a set of rims and summer tires (I hope I could find something a bit quieter), but I should be able to get another winter and summer out of these so not worth the expense and bother. Am happy with the tires, certainly more confident on wet streets than MOE Toyo's - but since we had no real winter here this season I still don't know how good they are in snow.

Last edited by shbldr; 05-02-2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: update May 1,2013
shbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

thanks for the info guys. it'll really help me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leiksikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nice to know about the Nokian tires but i listen this name first time and i would like to check these tires for a Cube that owned by my uncle.Then i would post the remarks of Nokian tires.
Moodfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
snow tires, tires