09 Cube MEGA FAIL!! - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 09 Cube MEGA FAIL!!

Ok first off i WILL have pictures within a couple days as my cube is scheduled to go into the dealership 11/30/11 I should have pics by 4pm eastern.

Now on to the big FAIL. The other day while driving, my wife and I decided to make a trip out of town (90 miles away) as we were driving on the interstate toward our destination my cube suddenly began to get louder. As i pulled off the nearest exit to the stop light I could hear a loud knocking noise, but it wasnt coming from the engine. I put it in neutral and gave it a little gas, the knocking stopped and then i heard it. It sounded as if i had just mysteriously put an expensive tuner muffler on my cube while driving. Now i was really puzzled. I got out in a local parking lot and went to the back of my cube (i didnt get on the ground to look because it was raining pretty hard) As i was now in park the knocking turned to rattling, like metal to metal (spoon in a large can) I pressed my foot (shoe on mind you) to the muffler and the rattling stopped. removed foot and it started up again. Well the next day i took it to the dealer to see WTH was going on.

After a short inspection they told me this. The muffler and line to the muffler were severely rusted and the line attaching to the muffler had been completely rusted through and was detached but was still being held in place via couplers under the body. So tomorrow morning ill have to take it back and i get an all NEW exhaust system FREE of charge. It will still be factory specs. But they said i may be able to upgrade without voiding the warranty. Ill just have to bring it into them to have it done. (My dealership said they would let me know about doing this).. SO! A fair warning to all cube drivers. take your cubes in to have them looked over if you're in the mid/upper states that has a lot of salt on the road during winter. Im in southeastern KY and i dont know how mine did this. we dont have bad winters here. One other thing. If anyone can direct me to a website that has cat back exhaust systems i would be forever grateful. thanks and good luck to all you cubers.
furstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Good one: furstreak...!!!!
Advertisement