Brand new Cube, under 100mi., water on floor board!! - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Brand new Cube, under 100mi., water on floor board!!

Well, I am really pissed. My wife got a Cube as a rental car a few months ago. She liked the car and really wanted one. This past Saturday we go and get her a Cube. So we drive it around all day Saturday, then to a party on Sunday. At the party on Sunday, I go to shake out the floor mat and it is soaked. I wasn't sure if someone spilled something or not, but only one person had half a cup of drink and when I get home, there was no way this was spilled liquid, there was too much of it.

So now it appears that either someone ripped off the AC drainage tube, or there is a horrible design flaw because at the party Sunday, we parked on an incline, though nothing really that steep. It was bad enough I had to take it back today for the gas tank repair/recall, now I have to deal with them to fix this issue. I am from Indiana, and I plan on looking into lemon laws very quickly. Even if they get the water problem resolved, I am now concerned about mold/mildew issues.

This doesn't sit well with me at all. A new car shouldn't have such major issues, especially and issue that can lead to even worse issues (ie: Replacing the carpet). My wife really loves her car and she almost cried about it last night. I went with Nissan thinking they were a trusted automobile company, I never heard a bad thing about them. The Cube is something like a compact car, now turned into a quasi-mini box truck.

So today I get to run the AC full blast driving it up there for an hour, hoping to at least get a portion of the floor board wet again so they can fix the issue.

So far, not liking what I have seen with Nissan, at least the Cube.
Ravekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Over react much? Every car has it's problems, hell people worship Ferrari and they are not without their problems. I have had my 2009 SL since may none of the recalls affect it. My driveway is inclined and I have had no problem with wet floor boards.

Relax, take your car to the dealer and talk to them. That is what they are for, use them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

YIKES! Sorry about your problems! I've had my Cube since Oct., '09 and haven't had a single problem with it! I love it -- I'd cry too if I thought I had to give it up!

Talk to your dealer -- good luck!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Can-Am Spyder - Mine
Harley Street Glide - Hubby's
Goldwing GL1800 w/Hannigan Trike Conversion - Ours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
jodeg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Follow-up:

I don't think I over reacted at all. Maybe it is because of all the horror stories I hear of dealers (mostly American, since most of my older family was pro-UAW or worked for one of the big three) trying like hell not to take back brand new vehicles that keep having problem after problem. My wife and I sacrifice a lot and don't make that much money, so when I put down $17K, plus trade in a paid off car, yet, it really pisses me off when something as drastic as a flood happens. It wasn't really the leaking water that pushed me over the edge, it is what water can do after the fact: Mold, mildew, smells, rust, etc..

Anyways, I took it to the dealership Monday morning as we had to take it in for the recall anyway. They found out the condensation tray/box/whatever wasn't up to par. They replaced it with a brand new one, and according to the service guy, sealed it up pretty good. Come to find out, it actually was leaking on both sides of the front floor board, the driver's side just wasn't as noticeable. Took them about three-four hours to fix it.

I can say that after two days of running AC, no signs of water in the interior, much to my relief. Hopefully there will be no more problems water wise. I can take the warped rotors, the occasional headlight burning out, etc.. Water I can't take, because of all the problems that can happen after the fact.

Hopefully no one else goes through this.

One thing I learned about the Cube gas tank/destination till empty: They gave me a loaner Cube, requested I bring it back with as much gas as it had when I drove it off the lot. When I got in the loaner, the last two bars were blinking and the destination till empty was flashing bars...nice!! I put in 2.5 gallons and ended up driving around 40ish miles till I drove it back to the dealership. I was down to about "24" miles till empty and the display started to flash again. Not sure how much longer I could have drove it, or how much gas I still had in it, but around the low 20s, I guess it starts flashing to get to a gas station.
Ravekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry about the water issue, hope that is over with. Have about 7,000 on mine, no problems at all. As far as the blinking fuel light, the display starts blinking when the gas gage gets down to two bars, giving you a distance until empty. But that is bogus in all cars. I've had two Chryslers and this cube and I have run the display all the way down to zero miles, and when I filled up I found out I still have 2 to 2 1/2 gallons left in the tank. I think the cube has a 13 gal tank and I have never had to put more than 10.5 gallons in it even when the display says empty. Just a safety factor I guess.
1978 Honda CB450A - Mine
fral659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Read my post. the NISSAN CUBE is completely UNSAFE. Mine rolled 3 times, NOT ONE AIRBAG deployed. IT IS GARBAGE and Nissan does not back their product at all.
Jason Rudy Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rudy Simmons View Post
Read my post. the NISSAN CUBE is completely UNSAFE. Mine rolled 3 times, NOT ONE AIRBAG deployed. IT IS GARBAGE and Nissan does not back their product at all.
your still alive arnt you? plus airbags only deply if a certain pundage of ipact happens, a roll may not be enough to deploy them. wth were you doing to roll it anyway?

09 silver 1.8S
Blue LED interior lights, 15" Drag DR-19, Blue interior pieces, Under dash 7 colour LED, 1.8S badge (why should Krom have all the fun?) CUBE Visor AtLcuBe's 5$ fogs.

soon
custom courtesy cup holder lights, Blue Fender signal LED, Blue LED reverse, Blue shag carpets.
yoyowhatup22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you for posting this information!)

Shtaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
air, condensation, conditioner, floor boards, wet