2009-'10 Nissan Cube Recalled Over Fuel Leakage - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2009-'10 Nissan Cube Recalled Over Fuel Leakage

2009-'10 Nissan Cube Recalled Over Fuel Leakage

2009-'10 Nissan Cube Recalled Over Fuel Leakage

Published Jul 26, 2010

Poor So-So Pretty Good Good Excellent PoorSo-SoPretty GoodGoodExcellent2 Ratings 2 RatingsJust the Facts:
Nissan Cube is being recalled for a fuel leak.
Nearly 50,000 vehicles, 2009 and 2010 models, are included.
The recall is expected to begin on August 30.

WASHINGTON Nissan is recalling 46,000 2009-'10 Cubes because of fuel leakage, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

"These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 301, 'fuel system integrity,' " said NHTSA in its recalls summary of the problem. "When the vehicle was rotated following a rear moving barrier crash test as required, the amount of fuel leakage exceeded the allowable limits. Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire."

Nissan, while conducting a recall of the Cube, said in other documentation filed with the federal government that "Nissan notes that it previously conducted internal certification testing, which did not result in any fuel leakage." That documentation was signed by John Gibbons, Nissan senior manager of technical compliance.

Nissan dealers will develop a special protector and attach it to the gasoline recirculation tube at the location of the filler neck connector. The recall is expected to begin on August 30. Owners can contact Nissan at 800-647-7261.

Inside Line says: If you own the aforementioned Nissan Cube, be aware that a fix is being put in place and should be ready by the end of August. Anita Lienert, Correspondent
CobraKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I saw that yesterday online and in my newspaper. I also received a recall a month or so ago to replace the passenger side curtain airbag unit as the one from the factory may have been assembled out of spec. Still have to get that one done also.
1978 Honda CB450A - Mine
fral659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKai View Post
A slightly more charitable reporter (for AP) described the crash conditions under which fuel hemorrhage might occur as "extremely unlikely."

Sigh. That makes rear door handles, an ignition component, a paragraph in my user's manual and now a fuel line all subject to some critical afterthought by Nissan. Seems like a crazy way to do business, but I suppose I should be grateful they're staying abreast of this stuff. The price of originality is unforeseen error -- glad they're correcting it.
dr_sills is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I took my Cube in last week for the side curtain airbag and the door handle. They kept it all day and then when I went to pick it up they said, "The parts have been ordered and should be in next week!" I thought they had it all day to actually do the work -- apparently it was an all day inspection!

So now I have an appointment to get this recall work done on 8/2 -- they may have my Cube overnight - UGH!

And now I read this post about another recall - darn! I've been an early adopter on 2 other vehicles - 1989 Dodge Spirit and 2001 PT Cruiser -- and it seems recalls are the name of the game the first couple of years. I bought my Can-Am Spyder in 2008, the first year they came out, and have had one recall on it so far.

It's a bummer, but I can't seem to resist new and unusual looks vehicles when I first see them!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Can-Am Spyder - Mine
Harley Street Glide - Hubby's
Goldwing GL1800 w/Hannigan Trike Conversion - Ours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
jodeg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

HI everyone!
This is a great site, thanks for having me.
Is there someone know the exat classifications of auto system, especially the auto steering system. Generally, there are five systems and two mechanism in auto industry and list as following: fuel system, starter system, cooling system, lubrication system, ignition system, valvetrain mechanism, cranshaft-connectiong rod mechanism. Auto steering system includes the following parts: steering wheel, ball joint, tie rod end, rack end, drag rod, Tie Rod,Dust Cover,Other Parts, steering knuckle, steering gear, pitman arm, steering pinion, steering colum, etc. Above is my understanding of auto systems especially the steering system. Hope is helpfuf for you. If you have any other questions, you may feel free to contact us.
aaa911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you for posting this information!)

Jender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement