2009 cube parts recall LOOK! - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 2009 cube parts recall LOOK!

hey guys i just had my 09 cube serviced (oil change and check up / tune up) gots 6100 miles on it anyways when i took it in the serive department told me there was a recall on a couple parts i think you all should know about.

the first one was the tire pressure sensor, its apparently suseptable to severe and quick corrosion due to salt on the roads (winter months and northern states)

the second part is the hatch door handle (rear door) i dont know exactly why that part was being recalled and they didnt explain.

Anyway i thought you guys should know so you can have your vehicles serviced asap. Mine was covered under the warranty so i ended up paying $7 bucks total for an oil filter (free oil changes for life) sweet huh.

ok guys thanks for looking, post your comments belw if you have heard anything else being recalled on the 09 cubes
furstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yup!
I got mine replaced about 2 weeks ago. Honestly, everything looks/feels the same to me.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

its actually the rear door handles being recalled, not the rear hatch handle
Ezee1o is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
jkm

This doesn't seem to affect the 2010s.
jkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

hmm i thought he said it was the rear hatch handle. oh well. does anyone know the reason behind the handle recall?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furstreak View Post
hmm i thought he said it was the rear hatch handle. oh well. does anyone know the reason behind the handle recall?
Apparently the would get water inside and freeze up in sub-zero temps. My Mini Cooper had the same problem and recall when I had it.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Question 2009 cube parts recall LOOK!

Can anyone please explain how the procedures regarding RECALLS is supposed to be? Why is it that many people are not aware of these recalls and we are finding out about them from a fellow member? When there is a recall, when a part is defective etc....how are Cube owners supposed to know about them? I would think that Nissan should send letter via post to all the Cube owners who own 2009 Cubes ..... duh.... yes? no?

Furstreak, thank you for this important information! Also, can you explain how it is that you now have scored oil changes that are free.....for life !!!!!!!????

Quote:
Originally Posted by furstreak View Post
hey guys i just had my 09 cube serviced (oil change and check up / tune up) gots 6100 miles on it anyways when i took it in the serive department told me there was a recall on a couple parts i think you all should know about.

the first one was the tire pressure sensor, its apparently suseptable to severe and quick corrosion due to salt on the roads (winter months and northern states)

the second part is the hatch door handle (rear door) i dont know exactly why that part was being recalled and they didnt explain.

Anyway i thought you guys should know so you can have your vehicles serviced asap. Mine was covered under the warranty so i ended up paying $7 bucks total for an oil filter (free oil changes for life) sweet huh.

ok guys thanks for looking, post your comments belw if you have heard anything else being recalled on the 09 cubes
CUBELADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

A lot of times the word of an upcoming recall is leaked to the press before it ever hits your mailbox in the form of a postcard. My wife's '08 Element was just recalled last month for a brake issue but I had heard about it 2 months prior to receiving the recall notice in the mail. Apparently dealers also know ahead of time so they can attempt to stock up on needed repair parts to meet demand once the notices are issued to the owners, so if someone brings their car in for service before the recall notices are sent out, the dealer can go ahead and make the repair if he has the necessary parts on hand instead of having to schedule another service appointment. Also, sometimes a recall will only affect a portions of the owners based on when the vehicle was made or how it is equipped, so just because you hear of a recall doesn't mean your car will be included. Hope this helps.
1978 Honda CB450A - Mine
fral659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

yes it was the rear doors not the hatch, apparently the plastic in the handles (that attaches on the inside of the door) Are not shatter resistant and can break easily with enough force, thus making the door unable to open from the outside. sorry bout the delay. i forgot about this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2009, broken, parts, recall