2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S Problems - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S Problems

I bought this car a months ago. I noticed something today when I went to park my car in my garage after driving for an hour. I kept hearing noises that resembled to crickets or bird chirping. This noise was present when I put the car on reverse, drive, with or without the brakes and i even turned off and on the car the nose was still there. Does anyone have this problem. I am taking it to the dealership.

I also been having problems with the Tire Monitoring System. I checked online and this car have recall.
2009 Nissan Cube Recalls - 2009 Nissan Cube Recall Reports - Motor Trend Magazine
chelline718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've only had my Cube for a little over a week, have about 100 miles on it. Have not had any problems with it so far.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Can-Am Spyder - Mine
Harley Street Glide - Hubby's
Goldwing GL1800 w/Hannigan Trike Conversion - Ours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
jodeg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelline718 View Post
i even turned off and on the car the nose was still there.
Electric fan?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2009, 02:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITECUBE View Post
Electric fan?
I finally got it fixed today. The service at my dealership is horrible. I took it the other day and left it there half the day and they said they could not hear it so they fixed something else. They said they tightened the wheels or something.

As soon as I drove off the dealership, I heard the loud chirping noise! I took it back today and I made them hear the sound(they stood by my car) while I was drove it in front of them. It turned out that the dashboard heater was loose so they tightened it. My cube is all better!

The other problem now is that my brakes is making a squeaking noise. The Nissan brake pads are cheap. My friend who bought a cube 2 weeks after mine already got her brakes replaced (after 3 weeks). I feel like I'm wasting my time. A new car should not have these problems!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelline718 View Post
A new car should not have these problems!
No it should not. But work out the kinks and enjoy your Cube.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITECUBE View Post
No it should not. But work out the kinks and enjoy your Cube.
Thank You. Well, I still have 90 days. If I get more problems, then I will exchange it.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Finally someone else who has the same problems as me! The dealership thinks I'm crazy. I just got my brakes fixed, evidently a whole bunch of cubes and versas got bad brake pads. But I also hear the squeaking noise at very slow speeds and they wont believe me. So no fix for me I guess. Good to know its a minor problem
cindys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've had my Cube now for almost five months and have just over 1000 miles on it. Thankfully, I've had no problems whatsoever with it! We are bonded, my Cube and I!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Can-Am Spyder - Mine
Harley Street Glide - Hubby's
Goldwing GL1800 w/Hannigan Trike Conversion - Ours

|
|
jodeg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

I just started noticing the chirp about 2 days ago. I thought it was a blown shock at first, but it happens when there is no compression in the suspension. Guess I will be spending a day at the dealer
T2Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

My dealership is the same! And you should hear their reasoning- its something out of Car Talk!- There is dew on the brakes in the morning- the moisture makes them squeek!
I have complained about the squeaking in my brakes since about 4 months after I got my Cube in late 2009. They did the 15,000 mile brake cleaning ,rotor stuff , it worked for a day and then the noises came back. I phoned them them to let them know it was happening again and still nothing. Someone said cheap brake pads? Is that the score? Does anyone know? I love my Cube but those brakes don't seem right

Last edited by John; 05-23-2010 at 12:18 PM.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement