$1300 For A Radio - Are you Kidding Me? - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default $1300 For A Radio - Are you Kidding Me?

Hey all,

I purchased a pre-owned 2009 SL Cube this past February. It has a year left of its warranty from the previous owner, plus I bought the lowest service plan (6 years). A few days ago, which coincidentally happened to be the first day using the A/C, the radio unit just shut off and won't turn back on. The buttons still light up when the headlights are on, but the display doesn't turn on at all.

I took it to the dealership service center this morning for a long-overdue oil change and asked them about the radio while I was there. Of course neither of my plans cover the radio. They checked some of the basic wiring (fuses, etc) and couldn't find anything wrong. They still want to investigate the wiring further (which would require a full day at the dealership), but otherwise my options are:

$350 to send the whole radio unit out to California to see if it can be repaired - I assume any actual repairs are extra. This would take 2 weeks to even get answers.

$1300 for a brand new unit, plus if/what the dealership would charge for installation.

WHY on earth does this radio cost $1300?? This is part number 28185-1FC1C - AM/FM/IPOD/SiriusXM/Bluetooth. No video display or GPS or anything. I can get a radio with those specs for $200 at a store. I can't believe how ridiculously expensive that is.

What else can I do? Are there other compatible radios that have similar specs that I can find cheaper? Also, will putting in a non-Nissan radio void any part of my warranty/service plan? The guy today wouldn't give me a straight answer about it - of course, he tried to dissuade me from having a different radio put in because they might have to "cut wires" and such.

I'm seriously sick over this, I refuse to pay $1300 for a new radio. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Angelyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement