iPod Touch and Charging - Page 2 - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well we were very excited that the 2010's went to USB. So now our iphones charge and talk the way they should. I almost ordered one of the adapters for my husband for christmas thinking he would need one. Glad I waited.
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Old thread, but my GF just got a 2010 and where mine has a usb connector hers has some kinda freaky wide thing that doesn't resemble firewire or usb ..What gives here?
wi11ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11ie View Post
Old thread, but my GF just got a 2010 and where mine has a usb connector hers has some kinda freaky wide thing that doesn't resemble firewire or usb ..What gives here?
I traded my 2009 Cube for a new 2013 model in August. I was happy to see a USB port in place of the big connector the 2009 (and apparently the 2010) model had. I just left the old Nissan adapter cable (purchased from the dealer as I recall) and my third party iPod adapter in the glove box of the 09.

The new radio is a vast improvement over the old. I got the model with the GPS and rear camera. The interface is much more friendly and the XM display now shows four lines instead of just one chopped off line.

My only gripe now is the Cube's USB port doesn't charge my iPad. It charges the old iPod Touch just fine and I can access tracks on the iPad through the USB cable. I'm assuming the charging power is too low for the iPad. The iPad would not charge in the old Cube either. I bought a separate charging cable that connects to the cigarette lighter plug which charges the iPad nicely but of course I can't play tunes and charge at the same time unless I also run an audio cable between the iPad headphone jack and the Cube's Aux input and control it all from the iPad directly.

It seems you can never have perfection.
Zinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Where can I get one of those (wide,crappy,weird plugs) to plain old USB adaptors?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11ie View Post
Where can I get one of those (wide,crappy,weird plugs) to plain old USB adaptors?
I'd recommend contacting the parts department at your local Nissan dealer. I believe it's a proprietary design so you aren't likely to find one outside of Nissan. As I recall, I paid $30 for mine at the dealer. The car did not come with the cable. This does not give you a USB connector but rather an iPod style plug.
Zinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Great

Sounds like people located the perfect solution is, tell us for sure the item is effective after you obtain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

robartbs556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks! Perhaps they can actually help besides just look at me crazy..(Like Normal)
Old 10-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Default hi

Seems like you found the solution, inform us without a doubt the idea performs whenever you acquire.

marsalbd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
kou

Sound good. Thanks.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:54 AM   #20 (permalink)

Default Best criminology essay writing firm

Mine had some issues but was lucky to get assistance as soon as possible. I understand how stressful this can be.
Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement