My Cube Krom Review - Page 2 - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Forum General Discussion

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumTHC View Post
I do wish there was a little more low end, but as itís just an 8″ subwoofer and I understand there are limitations to what you can get out of it.
I'm a bit of an audiophile and a dance music fan - DJ Tiesto or Armin van Buuren anybody? The other day I was alone and playing the iPod. So I cranked it. This is about the best sounding sound system I have heard in any car. The bass was pounding in my chest and the music still sounded clean. I only wonder how long it will do that before something melts!
Zinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have had a curb in my garage for years.
And it works very well.

It is simply a 2 X 8 board. 2" is high enough to resist the wheels but not so high that everyone trips on it.
I cut it so as not to extend past the wheel width so that there is less chance of tripping.
I also painted location marks on the garage floor because over time the board may slip or be pushed out of position. Also good when you wash the garage floor.

Depending on what is in front of the car, the board may be set far enough forward so that the rear door has full swing capability with the garage door down.
lenshapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default Curbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenshapiro View Post
I have had a curb in my garage for years.
And it works very well.

It is simply a 2 X 8 board.
That's just what I have been thinking of. I'd want to do something to hold it in place but let it be removable so I can clean the floor.

An elderly relative of mine kept driving his car into the freezer(s) at the back of his garage. He destroyed several over time. He also drove into the local senior center and did a lot of damage. He then complained that the building wasn't built very well!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default I added a subwoofer.

I got tired of not having enough low end and I finally went and had a subwoofer built. Takes up a large portion of the trunk though. The car audio shop is finishing up the install this weekend. I'll post pics when it's done, but it's already obnoxiously loud.

I added 1 12" P3 Rockford Fosgate sub and 1 500 Watt Rockford Fosgate amp in a ported box, keeping in tune with the RF factory stuff and it pounds like there's no tomorrow. There might be some problems in keeping up with the power consumption though as every once in a while I have noticed it cuts out. Might need a capacitor. Or I need to stop listening to Drum and Bass.

The shop didn't have the amp remote in stock so they needed to order it, and they also wanted to build out the box so the sub has the same water ripple effect as the other speakers and the headliner and coat it in black vinyl. Should be sweet looking once it's finished.
ChromiumTHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sounds like your woofer will set the earth reverberating.

My next cube problem is the blind spot when on the freeway changing lanes.
Any ideas? Like a blind-spot mirror, etc?
These little mirrors that you stick on the car's outside mirrors are not effective.
And there are a host of other mirrors to "correct" this.
There is even a device which moves the regular car mirrors when you actuate the turn signal. This gives you a quick view into the blind spots. But lookes like a hastle to install.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
My next cube problem is the blind spot when on the freeway changing lanes. Any ideas? Like a blind-spot mirror, etc?
These little mirrors that you stick on the car's outside mirrors are not effective.
I actually tried a pair of these. They came it a larger and smaller size and not wanting to cover too much of the main mirror I got the smaller ones. It could help on the drivers side, but you need to think to look closely in the convex mirror. Vehicles in your blind spot will show up there, but they will be so tiny that it is easy to miss them.

The mirror on the passenger side is about useless. It works like the driver side mirror but being further away everything is just too tiny to make out. Perhaps a mirror with less curve is needed - or close circuit TV!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Default Huh?

Quote:
Sounds like your woofer will set the earth reverberating.
I hate to be an old fuddy duddy (though I probably am) but anytime I hear a car passing with one of those annoying womp womp womp sound systems I want to shoot out the tires. I was in a Best Buy parking lot a couple of weeks ago where an SUV was womping away so loud that I couldn't carry on a conversation with the person standing next to me. I live abut a half mile from a highway and can hear these cars driving by from time to time.

Do people use hearing protection when they are in these cars? They should realize that by the time they are middle age they will no longer be able to enjoy music - and when they become senior citizens they won't be able to hear much of anything.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Default sound systems

Ahhh, that's the problem.
When your hearing goes, you need a bigger and more powerful sound system.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Re: the little add-on convex mirrors for blind spots.
I cannot see where they would work easily at highway speeds.
They would require too much attention as they are too small.

But, I think that I have a solution.
A slightly curved mirror (not convex) which is only curved in the horizontal plane.
It would function the same as the current side mirror on the car, but without any need for manual adjustment. When you turn the current mirror, you change the view of what is behind you. A very slightly curved mirror would be the same as an infinite number of positions of the current side mirror. Simply glue the new mirror over the old mirror using a spacer to fill in for the curvature.

Now I have to research if this is available at a reasonable cost.
Any ideas where to go?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Cube Subwoofer Install

Here are pics of my sub and the amp remote in the dash. The install shop tried to do a ripple effect to match the ceiling, but they could not get it looking the way they had intended so they wound up scrapping it in the interest of time.

I might revisit it at a later time when I have more time to give. I may have to also find a shop that specializes more in custom fiberglass. Any recommendations in the Raleigh, NC area?
ChromiumTHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chromium, chromiumthc, krom, review