Try to bolt this one on! SR20 in a Cube? - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Bolt-on Modifications

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Try to bolt this one on! SR20 in a Cube?

How about an SR20 in a Cube? Why not? SR20 in a Sentra has been done. I can't wait for this, try again Scion.

DB

Attatched: Pic of an SR20 in a Sentra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sr20forcube.jpg (73.4 KB, 67 views)
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Already with the modifications. I have to see what happens when the car actually comes out. Who will buy it? Will it be seen on drag tracks soon? It would be interesting.

On a drag track? I could make the SR20 fit. Maybe for TopGear.

Nadeem
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Skyline engine? I wish I had a Cube and an Engine laying around. I haven't heard of it, but I would sure love to drag race a Cube.
Skyline Feen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

You guys are mad. It could happen though. Nismo Cube!

edit: I found a Nismo Cube! Damn. I didn't even think there was such a thing.

Last edited by DarthNismo; 02-19-2009 at 01:05 AM.
DarthNismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

More than likely you'll see people using a QR25, becuase it already is drive by wire, lower compatibility problems, and the subframe/crossmember are proboably really simular or simular enough to the current 07+sentra, subframe.
Cube with a QR? Count me in.
spare201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Where are you from? Do you own a Cube right now? You have some good information there.
Skyline Feen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare201 View Post
More than likely you'll see people using a QR25, becuase it already is drive by wire, lower compatibility problems, and the subframe/crossmember are proboably really simular or simular enough to the current 07+sentra, subframe.
Cube with a QR? Count me in.
Somebody has been studying. MMM! Power...
Old 03-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Not a expert but I do know that some sentra's are se-r models and I think those have the same N.A. sr20 the g20 did so swaping in a sr20det wouldnt be that hard, and the nissan sunny gtr comes factory with a sr20det motors so in a sentra you would have alot of factory and aftermarket help and part's.
It would prolly be easyer and cheaper to build your stock motor for turbo, and fab up a system. Just my opinion
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora's Cube View Post
Not a expert but I do know that some sentra's are se-r models and I think those have the same N.A. sr20 the g20 did so swaping in a sr20det wouldnt be that hard, and the nissan sunny gtr comes factory with a sr20det motors so in a sentra you would have alot of factory and aftermarket help and part's.
It would prolly be easyer and cheaper to build your stock motor for turbo, and fab up a system. Just my opinion
Do you think there is room for a turbo and all the piping under there? I have done an old civic wagon with a b18 turbo back in the days, but there is tons of room under the hood. Then injectors and stuff. If you could bolt in an sr20 that would be nice too.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNismo View Post
Do you think there is room for a turbo and all the piping under there? I have done an old civic wagon with a b18 turbo back in the days, but there is tons of room under the hood. Then injectors and stuff. If you could bolt in an sr20 that would be nice too.
should be but It may not be enuff room for the intercooler but I am sure somebody will figure it out, may need to fab up more piping than on a usuall setup but I am allmost certain a somebody migh be developing this because the cube has been around in japan for a while, so im sure aftermarket companies are cooking something up. If not there is always something like the STS turbo system. But since the manual tranny models will be a six speen a supercharger might be a good way to help make it a lil quicker of the line. But since I think the motor is drive by wire, I would be looking into some sort of throttle controler to help with responce as one of the first mods
Advertisement