New Wheel Covers - Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum

Go Back   Nissan Cube Forums: Nissan Cube Enthusiast Forum > General Nissan Cube Discussions > Nissan Cube Appearance Modifications

CubeForums.com is the premier Nissan Cube Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Wheel Covers

I don't care for the stock sink drain wheel covers that came on the car. Wheel covers should cover the wheels and lugs to keep them out of the weather. I don't care for the stock cast wheels either so I popped these on to match my cup holders, speaker grills and headliner.

It was either these Ripple jobs or Moon Disks. I spent the last two hours driving down Illinois blacktop trying to knock them off. Even went down Diarrhea Run and back trying to spin them off, but they're still there. Maybe I should look at the other side?

speedwaymotors.com $103.46 to my door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2329hy.jpg (89.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg iout.jpg (92.0 KB, 21 views)
dogzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Those are COOL! Compliments the theme of the car!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Can-Am Spyder - Mine
Harley Street Glide - Hubby's
Goldwing GL1800 w/Hannigan Trike Conversion - Ours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
jodeg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

They do match the interior theme of the cube, good job. You don't see many hubcaps any more especially chrome ones.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to shbldr

I love the look, think they are perfect for the Cube. A couple of thoughts - first are you worried about brake cooling since there are no vents? and secondly I was reading how covers like this might improve aerodynamics and fuel economy (did you notice any change?).
shbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Wheel Cover Issues

First off these are 'Made in Taiwan' and they are cheaply made although they did cost me just under $105 USD to my door from speedwaymotors.com

Other places charged $130+ w/o S/H for the same cap so buyer beware.

The chrome is decent enough, but I'll probably put the stock ones back on this next winter and save the chromes for nicer weather.

I had to spread the tension claws with a rubber mallet on a wooden bench to get them to fit tight enough to work. Even still they squeak when driving through a parking lot or residential(matches the sound of the horn.) I've tried like the dickens to get them to pop off in fast cloverleaves and tight turns, but they haven't fallen off yet. Anyway, you've been warned.

If you look at the picture close you'll see that the covers are about an inch smaller in diameter than the stock plastic ones. They clear the stock wheel weights nicely. The stock plastics extend beyond and cover the weights. I've seen where guys have painted the outer portion of the wheels, where the weights set, both either red or white to a pleasing effect. Check out the pics. Spun stainless disks are another cool way to go.

Cars have had full disk wheel covers for decades without causing overheated brakes, besides, the brakes are on the other side of the steel wheel. As far as fuel economy goes, I've noticed a marked improvement in fuel conservation at sustained speeds in excess of 135.8 mph. Good luck!

dz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iout-1-1.jpg (58.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ripple-grn-hd-sm.jpg (11.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 59-lancer-purp-bg.jpg (31.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg scion.jpg (11.6 KB, 10 views)
dogzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default wheel cover..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogzebra View Post
I don't care for the stock sink drain wheel cover that came on the car. Wheel cover should cover the wheels and lugs to keep them out of the weather. I don't care for the stock cast wheels either so I popped these on to match my cup holders, speaker grills and headliner.

It was either these Ripple jobs or Moon Disks. I spent the last two hours driving down Illinois blacktop trying to knock them off. Even went down Diarrhea Run and back trying to spin them off, but they're still there. Maybe I should look at the other side?

speedwaymotors.com $103.46 to my door.
so cool..i like it..really love it..take a look at this one..customized money wheel cover..

wheel.jpg

Last edited by jansengeorge; 02-12-2011 at 01:48 AM.
jansengeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement